Free Certification Renewals and certification expiration policy
Microsoft introduced the free certification renewals.
Starting March 2021, you’ll be able to renew your role-based and specialty certifications by passing a free renewal assessment on Microsoft Learn.
Certification renewal requirements
- If you hold a valid Microsoft role-based or specialty certification that expires within approximately six months, you may renew it.
- To renew your certification, pass the associated assessment on Microsoft Learn before your certification expires.
How to renew your certification
- To identify which certifications are available for you to renew, visit your Certification Dashboard.
- Ensure your certification profile is connected to your Docs profile on Microsoft Learn.
- As soon as you’re eligible to renew, you will receive an email notification directing you to the assessment that will be available on Microsoft Learn.
- When you pass the online assessment, your certification will be extended by one additional year from the current expiration date.
- To help prepare for the assessment, advance your skills with a collection of free, self-paced learning modules. Explore available modules associated on the certification renewal page.
Changes to certification expiration policy
Starting Wednesday, June, 30 2021 @12am GMT (June, 29 2021 @5pm PT), any role-based or specialty certification earned will be valid for one year from the date you earned it. Any role-based and specialty certifications earned before June 2021 will remain valid for two years from the date you earned it.
Read more at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/renew-your-microsoft-certification
If you never took a Microsoft Certification, have a look at Value of a Certification!